Update from Administrator – May 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
We hope this week’s weather forecast remains true – as warmer days are ahead of us. This means more time outside in the fresh air for our residents! We encourage you to take a advantage of the weather and schedule an outside visit with your loved one if possible. We are looking forward to kicking off memorial weekend with our facility picnic tomorrow. Please check our Facebook page for pictures and updates from our picnic. Hopefully the rain holds out!
By now, I am certain you heard the great news from our federal leadership late last week about updates to mask requirements. While we are as excited and enthusiastic about the news as you, we do not have any updated guidance from our Department of Public Health and the CDC and CMS specific to nursing homes.
We eagerly await the updated guidance on mask usage for those who have been full vaccinated (two week past their second dose). If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents. If you are interested in your loved one getting the COVID 19 vaccination please call Sherri, ICN at 203-459-5152 with questions or to get dates on upcoming clinics.
Some updates for you:
- As mentioned earlier in this update, the CMS, CDC, and state continue to update their guidance for nursing homes – and we will keep you up to date on any changes. If you are unfamiliar with our protocols, please ask us.
- Nothing has changed over the past week.
- A friendly reminder that all visitors must answer the questionnaire and take your temperature when entering the facility.
- We continue to explore ways to increase our visitation calendar, especially for outside visitations, which remains the preferred choice of visitation by CMS and our state DPH.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits.
- For visitation appointments, please contact:
- 203-459-5152, please call at least 1 hour in advance.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to continue holding small, socially distanced group activities.
- Outdoor activities are always encouraged and preferred by the CDC and CMS; however indoor events are once again taking place following the outbreak guidance.
- We are excited to safely welcome back in our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, instructors and pet therapy.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, games, news, and more.
With Maefair being back open to visitation, we will no longer continue with the weekly update calls. We Thank everyone for their continued support and patience through this time. We would like to remind you that we are all available to you and you loved ones at any time. Please call, email, or stop in to see us! We will continue with weekly eblast’s going forward.
We hope you have a happy and safe weekend and look forward to seeing you!
Rita Lynch, and the Maefair team